Saturday, December 24, 2011

Rick and Newt both out in VA

Well this is depressing. Not so much from the fact that I wanted either of them to win, however more from the concept of now we only have Mittens and Ron Paul on the ballot in VA. That as Hot Air says is enough to make you want to indulge in some seriously hard liquor.

I understand that there has to be some kind of a policy in place to make it so that only people who are serious about running get onto the ballot, but really is this what we had in mind? Newt was leading the state in the last polls. Rick Perry while was a little bit lower still seems to have a strong backing from the people who believe in him. Someone is going to have to explain to me how not having two of the biggest names on the ballot helps any of the voters. Yes I do realize it helps two of the worst candidates in the field but seriously people this is just out right retarded.

We can't even get our own things in order enough to have people who have been recognized as NATIONAL front runners onto the ballot in a state like VA. I realize this falls back ultimately on the campaigns themselves for not making 100% sure that they had enough signatures to get on the ballot.

I've never been shy about saying that I believe that the complete process we use to nominate candidates is completely useless outdated and basically screws us 9 times out of 10. We allow a thousand candidates to debate and run but then tell them they have to have x number of signatures to find out if people will really vote for them.

I thought this was a free country where anyone who was a natural born citizen over the age of 35 was allowed to run for the office of POTUS. Maybe I missed an amendment or something like that, but I'm thinking I would have a really good lawyer at this point.

Fox news also has a story on this. 

If Mittens wins the nomination I will blame Virginia and everything associated with it for this abomination that will have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment