Sunday, October 30, 2011

Herman Cain: The only real option out there

 For those of us with a very strong conservative streak in us saying that the fields for POTUS for the last few election cycles has sucked would be a gross understatement. No one has really come out and just been honest and principled in their views. Ok well one has, but lets be honest Ron Paul ain't exactly what were looking for in a President. Although I would contend his intentions are good and having him as POTUS right now would still be better than whats there. 

 In the last election cycle I would have bitten the bullet and voted for Mitt Romney. I felt at the time even with his inability to have a backbone and take a stand on anything at least he could have competed in the debates with O and probably made him look silly most of the time on economic issues. I cannot do that this time around. The movement and progress that we have made over the last year or so with the mid-terms and the Tea Party just will not allow me to compromise that much on what I believe this country needs.

 That brings us to who I feel not only could win the nomination but also win the general. Now I do not really care about the establishment and their belief that its Romneys turn. Or that he is the most presidential looking or whatever ignorance they are spitting out to try to convince us that a Northeastern Gov who created socialized medicine in his state is where we should go.

 Thus enter Herman Cain. I'll admit when he first came out I like most people didn't give him much credence. First off I knew nothing about him and secondly I wasn't sure if he was actually able to put together a campaign and do everything that would go along with that. What we are seeing now is that the more people find out about him the more that people like him. Yes, just to get it out of the way he makes mistakes, he misspeaks, he screws up, hes  a novice at running a campaign, and you know what I'm completely fine with all of that. It proves more to me that he is being honest. He is coming out and saying what he believes, mostly because he doesn't have the staff to prep him or teach him about all the other things that politicians worry about and frankly we here at the Handbook like that a lot.

 I don't want a cookie cutter politician that always smiles never shows emotion and always has the perfect answer that actually answers nothing. I don't want sound bites. I want policies, I want beliefs. Take his 9-9-9 plan, is it perfect? Absolutely not, however I believe hes showing a willingness to work it and mold it into a plan that could actually work. Without him you don't get the Perry plan, you don't have Mittens coming out saying that he would be willing to possibly flatten his tax plan out.

 Face it whether you like Cain or not he is setting the agenda right now for the debates and the policies coming out of the Republican candidates. Even doing so and being attacked at each of the last couple debates he is still the front runner. Why? Because people want someone who is honest, and doesn't three polls, four studies and a teleprompter to tell him what his positions are on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment